Thursday, 8 September 2011

Chambre de Bonne a Paris


Paris is magical. Everybody knows it. When I lived there, I lived in the 6th arrondissement and worked in the 16th, near Trocadero. When I would cycle home on my Dutch imported bike, in the early hours of the morning I would be dazzled by the beauty over and over. The tour de Eiffel, Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame... All things I would see on a daily basis yet it never got old. I sacrificed a lot to come to Paris, I had just graduated from my Masters at London College of Fashion but decided I didn't want to work on my career so I became a waitress in Paris. I could have remained in my spacious room in London but instead I moved to a chambre de bonne in Paris. A mere 10 square meters on the 6th floor of a beautiful apartment building with only stairs.


Though it was small I loved my room. I could see the top half of the Eiffel tower (obviously the best half) and it had such romantic connotations. Living in Paris in a tiny room. Sometimes I felt I was the girl holding on the the balloons in the Miss Dior ad. 


Now I don't live there anymore and I am full of memories... When I read blogs such as The Wild Fleur, or in this case dream away at the images on the blog, I miss Paris...




Doesn't the last one remind you of the one below by Monet? 


What about this shot from Woody Allen's new film Midnight in Paris? 


I'm guessing that one too has a little something to do with Monet... Oh how magical Paris is!

2 comments:

  1. Super mooie foto's Mi.
    Waar zijn je followers?
    & heb je dat bloglovin plaatje zelf gemaakt?

    xLove.

    ninajj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. heey,
    wat een super leuk blog ik volg jou volg jij mij ook?
    x nikki

    www.just-like-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete